Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's Here!

I am so excited! Today I leave for Austin and will meet the other Fulbright participants! I am exhausted from all the preparation, nervous, a little apprehensive, and mostly excited! This is such a big deal for me.

I want to make sure to express how thankful and blessed I am to attend this seminar, and it wouldn't have been possible without everyone who has helped me to get ready. It sounds sappy, but I feel like I am taking lots of people with me on this trip--there has been so much support and encouragement from so many people. Special thanks to:
  • my mom for being my best friend & being helpful and being my "emergency contact"
  • R. for being a great friend, for taking me to the airport and making sure I do not have a panic attack
  • my supervisor and R., who wrote my recommendations--this would not have been possible without you
  • my friend A. who is checking on my house and making sure my cat doesn't starve to death :) It gives me so much peace of mind!
I have been thinking about and preparing for this seminar for months and months... and now it's finally here, I can't believe it!

No comments: