Sunday, June 25, 2006

Climb Every Mountain, pt. 2


Today, we climbed THE BIG MOUNTAIN--the pyramids at Teotihuacán (they are the remnants of one of Mexico's ancient societies. (I didn't take this picture, I found it here.) They are enormous and when I woke up I thought, "No, I can't do it." But once I arrived there, something changed, and I wanted to climb them, and I said, "I will do it!" It was such an amazing accomplishment!!

There were a million people there, and there were mothers with children on

their backs, families, little kids, and an older woman who appeared to be very frail, all of us making the climb of a lifetime. I am so proud of myself :)

This picture is of me on the way up, and one of me at the very top of the Piramid del Sol. Don't worry Mom, there is no more climbing for us in Mexico.



No comments: